Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QT build/link issue for Arm7 build on a Win7 64 PC: (4 Items)

QT build/link issue for Arm7 build on a Win7 64 PC  
My environment is:

The build machine is a: Win 7 64 bit PC
The version of QNX is: 650 SP1
QT tools/libraries are: qt_qnx_2011-02024b.zip
Target is: armV7

I have looked at Qmake_qnx.pdf, the readme for the qt_qnx tools, the speedo example and get the same results:

Everything compiles fine but there seems to be something wrong with the libraries (see the atached file for the full 
output for the make).  

ntoarmv7-g++ -Wl,-O1 -o ./armle-v7/speedo ./armle-v7/main.o ./armle-v7/mainwidge
t.o ./armle-v7/speedData.o ./armle-v7/moc_mainwidget.o ./armle-v7/moc_speedData.
o    -Lc:/qnx650/target/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lQtDeclarative
C:/QNX650/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/ntoarm-ld.exe:C:/QNX650/target/qnx6/armle-v7/us
r/lib/libQtGui.so: file format not recognized; treating as linker script

I have changed the order of the libraries and it always error on the first one used.

Any ideas?

(The attached file has the full make output of the speedo example)
Attachment: Text speedo_build.txt 3.8 KB
Re: QT build/link issue for Arm7 build on a Win7 64 PC  
Well the linker is complaing that you have invalid binaries.

"C:/QNX650/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libQtGui.so: file format not recognized; treating as linker script

My guess is perhaps that is a zero-length file.  There are likely three files wit the QtGui name and only one has 
content.  Copy the content to libQtGui.so.  Repeat for all libQt*.  Then it should build.

Thanks.  The TAR file has symbolic links and when they were extracted under windows, the links were lost and zero length
 files were created.
That is correct.  You have to manually "fix" them by making copies of the linked file.  Certain tools will do that for 
you - I believe if you use '7-zip' to untar the file, the links will correctly become copies.