Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Proc32 Updates: (6 Items)

Proc32 Updates  
Hi All

Recently I am investigating some issues on our system with QNX where processes randomly crash supposedly with SIGSEGV 
issues.  

I have been looking around and came across an update to Proc32 on this site.  The description in its read me states that
 the change is in place to work around 386 memory protections issues on more modern boards.

I am wondering if anyone could shed some more light on this change as to how issues manifested etc.

Thanks

Paul
Re: Proc32 Updates  
Hi Paul,

What Proc32 version do you ask about? What version of Proc32 do you use?

Respectfully,
Oleg

> Hi All
> 
> Recently I am investigating some issues on our system with QNX where processes
>  randomly crash supposedly with SIGSEGV issues.  
> 
> I have been looking around and came across an update to Proc32 on this site.  
> The description in its read me states that the change is in place to work 
> around 386 memory protections issues on more modern boards.
> 
> I am wondering if anyone could shed some more light on this change as to how 
> issues manifested etc.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Paul
Currently we use 4.25Q and the version in the foundry27 archives with regard to the -E0 issue is 4.25R
The readme file for 4.25R is not very clear.  it just states modern boards.  Currently we use Ampro CM420 boards from 
around 2005 with CompactFlash storage.
Hi Paul,

The readme says about -E0 option of Proc32 only. This is workaround for internal QNX kernel PCI handler (alternate code 
for BIOS PCI functions calls). The issue with PCI handler occurs at the very beginning of OS booting (i.g., when Fsys.* 
driver starts). So the QNX can't launch at all. If you can launch QNX on Ampro CM420 without -E0 then you do not have 
this PCI issue. -E0 option doesn't affect any other aspects of memory usage.

Respectfully,
Oleg

> The readme file for 4.25R is not very clear.  it just states modern boards.  
> Currently we use Ampro CM420 boards from around 2005 with CompactFlash storage
> .
HI Oleg

Thanks for the information.  Yeah ours fails  usually couple of days into execution so not this.  

Thanks again

Paul