Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Dev.con/ditto issue: (10 Items)

Dev.con/ditto issue  
I have an issue that when I ditto another console on the same system characters are dropped when typed.  Yet each 
console in and of itself draws perfectly fine when viewed/used outside of a ditto session.  If I use the CTRL-e u 
keystroke to repaint the screen while in a ditto session it updates just fine though but doing this even time after 
typing a few keystrokes gets a little old.  The system has an Intel J1900 1.99GHz CPU with the Vendor ID: 8086 and 
Device ID: f31h Display (VGA) integrated graphics.  I suspect this is some sort of a VGA issue as this system cannot be 
run under gr.vga (vertical black lines in the GUI display) and only runs under gr.phi (with Hydra.ms and Pg.flatdc).  
Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
Re: Dev.con/ditto issue  
Hi Robert,

Does your scenario works fine on other hardware? Can you post screenshots/photos or video of the issue?

Respectfully,
Oleg

> I have an issue that when I ditto another console on the same system 
> characters are dropped when typed.  Yet each console in and of itself draws 
> perfectly fine when viewed/used outside of a ditto session.  If I use the CTRL
> -e u keystroke to repaint the screen while in a ditto session it updates just 
> fine though but doing this even time after typing a few keystrokes gets a 
> little old.  The system has an Intel J1900 1.99GHz CPU with the Vendor ID: 
> 8086 and Device ID: f31h Display (VGA) integrated graphics.  I suspect this is
>  some sort of a VGA issue as this system cannot be run under gr.vga (vertical 
> black lines in the GUI display) and only runs under gr.phi (with Hydra.ms and 
> Pg.flatdc).  Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

This scenario works just fine on other hardware and attached are three pictures.  The first shows me logging into a 
different console via a ditto session.  I typed a continuous stream of capital Xs but as you can see some get dropped in
 a very specific pattern.  The second picture is after I press Enter.  The third picture is after I typed the CTRL-e u 
keystroke to repaint the screen.
Attachment: Image Picture1.jpg 104.8 KB Image Picture3.jpg 127.69 KB Image Picture2.jpg 124.18 KB
Hi Robert,

We have not faced off such issue ever. I’ve noticed that you use QNX 4.24. Please check that issue exists with fresh 
install of current QNX 4.25.

We have 0x0f31 controller on hands, so we can try to reproduce the issue. Can you send me the sequence of actions to 
reproduce it?

Respectfully,
Oleg

> This scenario works just fine on other hardware and attached are three 
> pictures.  The first shows me logging into a different console via a ditto 
> session.  I typed a continuous stream of capital Xs but as you can see some 
> get dropped in a very specific pattern.  The second picture is after I press 
> Enter.  The third picture is after I typed the CTRL-e u keystroke to repaint 
> the screen.

Hi Oleg,

I can try a fresh install from the 2015 Boot CD but in the meantime I have the setup down to a minimum to reproduce
 the problem.  Attached are pictures of the kernel build file, sysinit and my "sin ver" output so you can compare 
program versions.

To reproduce, let the node boot up and log into console #1.  Press CTRL-ALT-4 (console #4) and press Enter to get a
 login prompt.  Press CTRL-ALT-1 to get back to console #1 and run:

ditto -qk /dev/con4

Then do the steps I mentioned in the post above with those pictures (1-3) that were attached showing the issue.

Thanks,

Robert
Attachment: Image Picture4.jpg 91.18 KB Image Picture6.jpg 106.59 KB Image Picture5.jpg 83.91 KB
Hi Oleg,

Just reporting back that a fresh install off of the 2015 Boot CD didn't change anything.  I tried both the 16 and 
32 bit versions of Dev/Dev.con too.

Thanks,

Robert
Hi Robert,

We have reproduced the issue too. We need to debug this. I'll let you know about results.

Respectfully,
Oleg

> Hi Oleg,
> 
>      Just reporting back that a fresh install off of the 2015 Boot CD didn't 
> change anything.  I tried both the 16 and 32 bit versions of Dev/Dev.con too.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Robert

Hi Oleg,

Checking in with you to let you know that I sourced some additional hardware and the problem occurs with the Intel 
Atom D2550 CPU too.

Thanks,

Robert
Hi Robert,

I guess that this is HW/BIOS specific issue. Many HW features are emulated in BIOS on modern boards.

Respectfully,
Oleg

> Hi Oleg,
> 
>      Checking in with you to let you know that I sourced some additional 
> hardware and the problem occurs with the Intel Atom D2550 CPU too.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Robert

Hi Oleg,

I had a feeling you were going to say that.  I'll try a workaround then.

Thanks for your time,

Robert