Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to display Cyrillic text CP-866 on a widget?: (3 Items)

How to display Cyrillic text CP-866 on a widget?  
Hi

I have written a Photon application A in QNX 4.25. In which, I setup a server to receive some messages from another 
process B. These messages are in Cyrillic text with OEM 866 codepage, what has read by process B from a file on disk, .

So, I try to display the Cyrillic CP-866 string message to a widget via Pt_ARG_TEXT_STRING, but it can't.
I also have changed some Pt_ARG_TEXT_FONT ( Helvetical, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetical Cyrillic..) but it can't .
I have used fontcfg to istall Cyrillic fonts too.

Now, how can I do???

1- Can I get some C/C++ function to convert CP866 to UTF-8 (on-the-fly) ? As on PED, I can open a CP866 encoding file 
and change it to UTF-8, but can I get its source code to build it myself ?

2- Do I need some FONT to display CP866 on Photon widget? what it is ?

3- Can I change the codepage of a TEXT or MULTITEXT widget?
Re: How to display Cyrillic text CP-866 on a widget?  
Hi Cong,

In your application you have to convert messages from CP866 to Unicode using PxTranslateToUTF() function. Read about 
this in Helpviewer. You also need Cyrillic fonts too, but it seems that you have installed them already.

Respectfully,
Oleg

5 окт. 2018 г., в 6:23:00, Cong Pham <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi
> 
> I have written a Photon application A in QNX 4.25. In which, I setup a server to receive some messages from another 
process B. These messages are in Cyrillic text with OEM 866 codepage, what has read by process B from a file on disk, .
> 
> So, I try to display the Cyrillic CP-866 string message to a widget via Pt_ARG_TEXT_STRING, but it can't.
> I also have changed some Pt_ARG_TEXT_FONT ( Helvetical, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetical Cyrillic..) but it can't .
> I have used fontcfg to istall Cyrillic fonts too.
> 
> Now, how can I do???
> 
> 1- Can I get some C/C++ function to convert CP866 to UTF-8 (on-the-fly) ? As on PED, I can open a CP866 encoding file 
and change it to UTF-8, but can I get its source code to build it myself ?
> 
> 2- Do I need some FONT to display CP866 on Photon widget? what it is ?
> 
> 3- Can I change the codepage of a TEXT or MULTITEXT widget?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post119188
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Re: How to display Cyrillic text CP-866 on a widget?  
Wap, thank to Mr Oleg,

Haiz, I have searched for some API functions to do it, but I did not found Px*() onces :(

I will try it.

Best regards.