Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Access needs of hard drive: (2 Items)

Access needs of hard drive  
Hi, 
I needed information on how we can find the access (read/write) needs of the hard drive. One way I was looking is 
getting information from the fsys driver in QNX4.25 which is used to read and write to hard disk. But I could not find 
any literature on how to do this. Please let me know if there is a way to get this information.
Re: Access needs of hard drive  
Hello Raghu,

You can work directly with /dev/hd* to get raw access to a whole hard drive or /dev/hd?t* to raw access to a specific 
partition. Keep in mind that raw access to hard drive and particularly to mounted partition is dangerous operation.

Respectfully,
Oleg

8 марта 2018 г., в 8:23:35, Raghu Venugopalan(deleted) <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi, 
> I needed information on how we can find the access (read/write) needs of the hard drive. One way I was looking is 
getting information from the fsys driver in QNX4.25 which is used to read and write to hard disk. But I could not find 
any literature on how to do this. Please let me know if there is a way to get this information.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118657
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com