Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Chinese SimSun font on phindows: (6 Items)

Chinese SimSun font on phindows  
Hello,

We have a system that's been created using the latest version of the QNX4.25 Product Suite, we have obtained a Chinese 
Supplement license and have created a nice little Chinese system using the Chinese fonts supplied. To me it looks good 
but I have been told by one of our Chinese colleagues it is not acceptable.

We have downloaded the SimSun .ttf file and have installed this and it looks great, the problem is phindows will not 
show it,  I think older versions of phindows have problems with scalable fonts.

Is there anything we can do? Can we upgrade to a later version of phindows?

Thanks and regards,
Pete
Re: Chinese SimSun font on phindows  
Hello Pete,

Sorry for the delay with my answer. We have reproduced this issue and have tried to find solution. Unfortunately it 
seems that TTF fonts will work correctly with both updated Phindows and phrelay. Updated phrelay is available for QNX 6.
5.0 only. There is no such update for QNX 4.25. It seems that you can use only PHF fonts with Phindows.

Respectfully,
Oleg

19 янв. 2018 г., в 16:56:19, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello,
> 
> We have a system that's been created using the latest version of the QNX4.25 Product Suite, we have obtained a Chinese
 Supplement license and have created a nice little Chinese system using the Chinese fonts supplied. To me it looks good 
but I have been told by one of our Chinese colleagues it is not acceptable.
> 
> We have downloaded the SimSun .ttf file and have installed this and it looks great, the problem is phindows will not 
show it,  I think older versions of phindows have problems with scalable fonts.
> 
> Is there anything we can do? Can we upgrade to a later version of phindows?
> 
> Thanks and regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118408
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for trying, I thought it was a bit of a long shot.

Regards,
Pete
Hi Oleg,

Just on the topic of Unicode support we have a system that transfers data over a tcp connection to windows that uses the
 printf command in a C program. This program is not UTF-8 compliant and obviously the result is gibberish on the windows
 side when sending Chinese characters. Do you know of an easy way of making this UTF-8 compatible under QNX4.25? 

Regards,
Pete
Hi Pete,

If your Windows program is not UTF-8 compatible then you shouldn't send UTF-8 data to it. You can convert UTF-8 to 
encoding that is supported by Windows program.

Respectfully,
Oleg

30 янв. 2018 г., в 20:07:32, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> Just on the topic of Unicode support we have a system that transfers data over a tcp connection to windows that uses 
the printf command in a C program. This program is not UTF-8 compliant and obviously the result is gibberish on the 
windows side when sending Chinese characters. Do you know of an easy way of making this UTF-8 compatible under QNX4.25? 

> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118494
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

RE: Chinese SimSun font on phindows  
Thanks Oleg.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 31 January 2018 10:08
To: general-qnx4@community.qnx.com
Subject: Re: Chinese SimSun font on phindows

Hi Pete,

If your Windows program is not UTF-8 compatible then you shouldn't send UTF-8 data to it. You can convert UTF-8 to 
encoding that is supported by Windows program.

Respectfully,
Oleg

30 янв. 2018 г., в 20:07:32, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> Just on the topic of Unicode support we have a system that transfers data over a tcp connection to windows that uses 
the printf command in a C program. This program is not UTF-8 compliant and obviously the result is gibberish on the 
windows side when sending Chinese characters. Do you know of an easy way of making this UTF-8 compatible under QNX4.25? 

> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118494

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118497
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com