Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Intel hd3000 graphics: (10 Items)

Intel hd3000 graphics  
hello, 
     I use QNX4.25 system with user photon application in an old PC, now I want to transfer the whole system to a new PC
. I have updated the kernel to  Proc32, hard disk driver to Fsys.achi, they all seem to work correctly.
    But when I start the Photon, there is problem. The graphic chip is Intel HD 3000 on the mainboard, I have tried the 
latest graphic driver Pg.intelhd, but only a little part of the photon app can be display and the input does not work.
    So is there anyone that can tell me what the problem is? and is the Pg.intelhd is right for Intel HD 3000 graphic 
chip?

Thanks
Best Wishes.
Re: Intel hd3000 graphics  
Hi Ding,

Please attach the output of show_pci -vvv . Can you add a photo of your graphics issue?

Respectfully,
Oleg

12 мая 2016 г., в 8:53:18, ding yunfeng <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> hello, 
>     I use QNX4.25 system with user photon application in an old PC, now I want to transfer the whole system to a new 
PC. I have updated the kernel to  Proc32, hard disk driver to Fsys.achi, they all seem to work correctly.
>    But when I start the Photon, there is problem. The graphic chip is Intel HD 3000 on the mainboard, I have tried the
 latest graphic driver Pg.intelhd, but only a little part of the photon app can be display and the input does not work.
>    So is there anyone that can tell me what the problem is? and is the Pg.intelhd is right for Intel HD 3000 graphic 
chip?
> 
> Thanks
> Best Wishes.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116275
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Hello Oleg,
    Thanks for your reply. 
    The attachment "pcivvv.txt" is the output of show_pci -vvv command. The other two attachments are pictures of 
display in the old PC and display in the new one. 

Thanks
Best Wishes
Attachment: Image display_in_old_PC.jpg 2.93 MB Text pcivvv.txt 15.81 KB Image display_with_Pgintelhd_in_new_PC.jpg 2.75 MB
Hi Ding,

This is may be a transferring issue. I noticed QNX button on new PC. Do you launch the same software configuration on 
both system? Did you try Hydra.ms / Pg.flat* driver on new PC?

Respectfully,
Oleg

15 мая 2016 г., в 6:14, ding yunfeng <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello Oleg,
>    Thanks for your reply. 
>    The attachment "pcivvv.txt" is the output of show_pci -vvv command. The other two attachments are pictures of 
display in the old PC and display in the new one. 
> 
> Thanks
> Best Wishes
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116282
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <display_with_Pgintelhd_in_new_PC.jpg><display_in_old_PC.jpg><pcivvv.txt>

Hello Oleg,
    Thank you very much. I have tried Hydra.ms -T in the traplist, and then probed the graphics, then change the driver 
to Pg.flatdc32 and mode swith to Hydra.ms in crt.1, now it works.
    As I know, there is driver supporting more intelhd series graphic chips that is integrated in Intel Core CPU series 
 in QNX6. is there any driver supporting more intelhd series graphic chips in QNX4?

Best Wishes
Hi Ding,

Did you use the driver or install CD from the following page?

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.qnx4/wiki/LatestSoftwareUpdates

Respectfully,
Oleg

18 мая 2016 г., в 6:36:56, ding yunfeng <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello Oleg,
>    Thank you very much. I have tried Hydra.ms -T in the traplist, and then probed the graphics, then change the driver
 to Pg.flatdc32 and mode swith to Hydra.ms in crt.1, now it works.
>    As I know, there is driver supporting more intelhd series graphic chips that is integrated in Intel Core CPU series
  in QNX6. is there any driver supporting more intelhd series graphic chips in QNX4?
> 
> Best Wishes
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116298

Hello Oleg,
     I use the driver in the latest  software update WIKI page, but I did not use the install CD2015, later I will try 
to install it to see whether there is suitable driver.
     Another question, as I told you last time, I use Hydra.ms and Pg.flatdc32, it works. But there is a little problem,
 a small part of the applicaiton window cannot be displayed, see the attachments. so could you tell me whats the problem
, and how to fix it?

Thanks
Best Wishes
Attachment: Image right part cannot be displayed in newPC with Hydra and Pgfalt.jpg 3.04 MB Image detail right part cannot be displayed in newPC with Hydra and Pgfalt.jpg 2.83 MB Image full display in old PC.jpg 2.93 MB
Hello Oleg,
     I am trying to install qnx 2015 version, but there is problem when it goes to create qnx partition, the partition 
becomes smaller and smaller. I have tried real CD in PC, and ISO image in vmware, but both failed.
     so is there any special method to install version 2015?

thanks
Best Wishes
Hi Ding,

No any special methods are needed to install from QNX Install CD 2015. Unfortunately, I didn’t understand your issue 
with QNX partition. But you don’t need to install from QNX Install CD 2015, you may just update the driver.

Respectfully,
Oleg

19 мая 2016 г., в 16:26, ding yunfeng <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello Oleg,
>     I am trying to install qnx 2015 version, but there is problem when it goes to create qnx partition, the partition 
becomes smaller and smaller. I have tried real CD in PC, and ISO image in vmware, but both failed.
>     so is there any special method to install version 2015?
> 
> thanks
> Best Wishes
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116302

Hello Ding,

>     Another question, as I told you last time, I use Hydra.ms and Pg.flatdc32, it works. But there is a little problem
, a small part of the applicaiton window cannot be displayed, see the attachments. so could you tell me whats the 
problem, and how to fix it?

The graphics controller generates frame rate that is not compatible to your monitor. Try to adjust the picture using 
monitor’s menu (screen position or similar options).

Respectfully,
Oleg

19 мая 2016 г., в 15:55, ding yunfeng <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello Oleg,
>     I use the driver in the latest  software update WIKI page, but I did not use the install CD2015, later I will try 
to install it to see whether there is suitable driver.
>     Another question, as I told you last time, I use Hydra.ms and Pg.flatdc32, it works. But there is a little problem
, a small part of the applicaiton window cannot be displayed, see the attachments. so could you tell me whats the 
problem, and how to fix it?
> 
> Thanks
> Best Wishes
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116301
> <right part cannot be displayed in newPC with Hydra and Pgfalt.jpg><detail right part cannot be displayed in newPC 
with Hydra and Pgfalt.jpg><full display in old PC.jpg>