Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Fsys.ahci on HP EliteDesk 800 G2: (6 Items)

Fsys.ahci on HP EliteDesk 800 G2  
Hi,

I am trying to get QNX 4.25 up and running on a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower PC but when booting from my custom 
installation CD Fsys.ahci returns these messages:
"Path=0 - AHCI (generic)"
"No devices found for Fsys to use." 

This is the first time I have attempted to use Fsys.ahci. Previous computer models have all supported IDE emulation for 
SATA disks but this one now has a UEFI that does not have that setting. Fsys.atapi says "No adapters found".

The chipset is Intel Q170 according to data sheet, is this one supported by Fsys.ahci at all?

My buildqnx script is attached.

Attachment: Text cd_boot 236 bytes
Re: Fsys.ahci on HP EliteDesk 800 G2  
Hi Darel,

Can you send me show_pci -vvv output (or similar information from other OS) from your machine? Also try the attached 
Fsys.ahci driver.

Respectfully,
Oleg

22 марта 2016 г., в 13:03, Darel Cullen <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi,
> 
>  I am trying to get QNX 4.25 up and running on a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower PC but when booting from my custom 
installation CD Fsys.ahci returns these messages:
> "Path=0 - AHCI (generic)"
> "No devices found for Fsys to use." 
> 
> This is the first time I have attempted to use Fsys.ahci. Previous computer models have all supported IDE emulation 
for SATA disks but this one now has a UEFI that does not have that setting. Fsys.atapi says "No adapters found".
> 
> The chipset is Intel Q170 according to data sheet, is this one supported by Fsys.ahci at all?
> 
> My buildqnx script is attached.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post115991
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <cd_boot.txt>
Attachment: Text Fsys.ahci_20151202.tar.gz 47.32 KB
Hi Oleg,

Your new Fsys.ahci solved the problem. It takes maybe 5-10 seconds for it to detect the SATA devices but then it works
 fine. Thanks a lot!

I struggle to get PCI information out of the PC, it has no floppy drive and currently I am unable to get USB or 
network drivers started yet. Attached is a brief PCI device list from a FreeDOS tool.

Attachment: Text pci_list.txt 1.09 KB
Hi again,

Attached is show_pci -vvv output for the USB and Network devices. Do you think it is possible to easily make io-usb 
and Net.e1000 support these devices, or would I need to request custom engineering to do it?

Attachment: Text pci_devices.txt 3.11 KB
Th Net.e1000 driver will have to be updated to support this new device.

On 2016-03-29, 6:12 AM, "Darel Cullen" <community-noreply@qnx.com> wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>  Attached is show_pci -vvv output for the USB and Network devices. Do
>you think it is possible to easily make io-usb and Net.e1000 support
>these devices, or would I need to request custom engineering to do it?
>
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>
>General
>http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116027
>To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail
>general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Hi Darel,

0x8086:0xa12f is USB 3.0 controller. The io-usb for QNX 4 doesn’t support USB 3.0. This is subject for custom 
engineering. Can you disable USB 3.0 of switch it to USB 2.0 or compatible mode in BIOS setup?

Respectfully,
Oleg

29 марта 2016 г., в 13:12:55, Darel Cullen <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi again,
> 
>  Attached is show_pci -vvv output for the USB and Network devices. Do you think it is possible to easily make io-usb 
and Net.e1000 support these devices, or would I need to request custom engineering to do it?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post116027
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <pci_devices.txt>