Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Integrated mouse not working: (9 Items)

Integrated mouse not working  
Hi, 

The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.

This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.

I have attached some diagnostics from the PC that hopefully will help.

I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
actually functional I booted from an ultimate boot disk and the mouse worked as expected.

Thanks,
Pete
Attachment: Compressed file ToQNX.zip 172.39 KB
Re: Integrated mouse not working  
Hi Pete,

What type of mouse is used in a Siemense Simatic IPC 677C? Is it USB or PS/2?

Respectfully,
Oleg

01 авг. 2014 г., в 17:32:36, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi, 
> 
> The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.
> 
> This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.
> 
> I have attached some diagnostics from the PC that hopefully will help.
> 
> I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
actually functional I booted from an ultimate boot disk and the mouse worked as expected.
> 
> Thanks,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111284
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <ToQNX.zip>

RE: Integrated mouse not working  
Hi Oleg, 

I believe it is USB, using device manager from a universal boot disk I managed to track it down to ...

VID 214A PID 0002

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pete

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 04 August 2014 11:59
To: general-qnx4@community.qnx.com
Subject: Re: Integrated mouse not working

Hi Pete,

What type of mouse is used in a Siemense Simatic IPC 677C? Is it USB or PS/2?

Respectfully,
Oleg

01 авг. 2014 г., в 17:32:36, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi, 
> 
> The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.
> 
> This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.
> 
> I have attached some diagnostics from the PC that hopefully will help.
> 
> I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
> 
> Thanks,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111284
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <ToQNX.zip>

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111289
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Hi Pete,

Did you try to launch USB? I don't see io-usb manager in your logs. When you boot from QNX 4 Install CD you have to 
enable USB support to launch USB stack. Another way is to set USB to legacy mode in BIOS setup and do not launch USB 
stack in QNX 4.

Respectfully,
Oleg

05 авг. 2014 г., в 14:28:44, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg, 
> 
> I believe it is USB, using device manager from a universal boot disk I managed to track it down to ...
> 
> VID 214A PID 0002
> 
> I hope this helps.
> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Олег Большаков [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
> Sent: 04 August 2014 11:59
> To: general-qnx4@community.qnx.com
> Subject: Re: Integrated mouse not working
> 
> Hi Pete,
> 
> What type of mouse is used in a Siemense Simatic IPC 677C? Is it USB or PS/2?
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 01 авг. 2014 г., в 17:32:36, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
> 
>> Hi, 
>> 
>> The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.
>> 
>> This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.
>> 
>> I have attached some diagnostics from the PC that hopefully will help.
>> 
>> I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Pete
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> 
>> General
>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111284
>> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>> <ToQNX.zip>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111289
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111307

Hi Oleg,

When I start the PC without running io-usb the integrated keyboard and the USB keyboard both work but the integrated 
mouse and USB mouse do not.

If I run io-usb etc on startup  the integrated keyboard and the USB keyboard do not work also the integrated mouse and 
USB keyboard do not work, see sin.txt attached.

Regards,
Pete

Sent: 05 August 2014 11:35

Hi Pete,

Did you try to launch USB? I don't see io-usb manager in your logs. When you boot from QNX 4 Install CD you have to 
enable USB support to launch USB stack. Another way is to set USB to legacy mode in BIOS setup and do not launch USB 
stack in QNX 4.

Respectfully,
Oleg

05 авг. 2014 г., в 14:28:44, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg, 
> 
> I believe it is USB, using device manager from a universal boot disk I managed to track it down to ...
> 
> VID 214A PID 0002
> 
> I hope this helps.
> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> Hi Pete,
> 
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 01 авг. 2014 г., в 17:32:36, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
> 
>> Hi, 
>> 
>> The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.
>> 
>> This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.
>> 
>> 
>> I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Pete
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> General
>> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>> <ToQNX.zip>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111308
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Attachment: Text sin.txt 2.6 KB
Hi Oleg,

Do you have any ideas?

Regards,
Pete

Sent: 05 August 2014 11:35

Hi Pete,

stack in QNX 4.

Respectfully,
Oleg

> Hi Oleg, 
> 
> 
> VID 214A PID 0002
> 
> I hope this helps.
> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> Hi Pete,
> 
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 
>> Hi, 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Pete
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> General
>> <ToQNX.zip>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111308
Hi Pete,

Sorry for the delay with my answer. Unfortunately, I don't see any glue how to resolve your issue without hardware.

Respectfully,
Oleg

06 авг. 2014 г., в 16:24:24, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> Do you have any ideas?
> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent: 05 August 2014 11:35
> 
> Hi Pete,
> 
> Did you try to launch USB? I don't see io-usb manager in your logs. When you boot from QNX 4 Install CD you have to 
stack in QNX 4.
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 05 авг. 2014 г., в 14:28:44, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
> 
>> Hi Oleg, 
>> 
>> I believe it is USB, using device manager from a universal boot disk I managed to track it down to ...
>> 
>> VID 214A PID 0002
>> 
>> I hope this helps.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Pete
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Олег Большаков [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
>> Sent: 04 August 2014 11:59
>> To: general-qnx4@community.qnx.com
>> Subject: Re: Integrated mouse not working
>> 
>> Hi Pete,
>> 
>> What type of mouse is used in a Siemense Simatic IPC 677C? Is it USB or PS/2?
>> 
>> Respectfully,
>> Oleg
>> 
>> 01 авг. 2014 г., в 17:32:36, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
>> 
>>> Hi, 
>>> 
>>> The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.
>>> 
>>> This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.
>>> 
>>> I have attached some diagnostics from the PC that hopefully will help.
>>> 
>>> I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
>>> 
>>> Thanks,
>>> Pete
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> 
>>> General
>>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111284
>>> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>>> <ToQNX.zip>
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> General
>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111289
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> General
>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111307
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111308
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post111325
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail...
Hello Oleg,

I have a some more information on this problem, I have followed instructions in a document entitled 'readme_usb_patch.
txt' dated November 2012, see attached.

I've also attached a usb.tar file containing diagnostic information obtained from commands such as 'usb'.

I've downloaded the latest USB stack.

The script StartUpUSB is how I have been starting the mouse and keyboard drivers.

To recap on my PC and setup ... I have an Integrated USB keyboard and mouse and then on top that I am attempting to 
connect an external USB keyboard and mouse.

Looking at usb_WithExtraKbdAndMouse.txt the integrated mouse I believe is the 214A Interlink Electronic FSR 4ZUSB.

I could not get io-usb to talk to the mouse and keyboard but io-usb-ehci does, in fact, using StartUpUSB both keyboards 
and both mice can work BUT it is quite erratic, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Looking at /dev with all 
four connected usbkbd1 is shown sometimes.

I've followed suggestions in 'readme_usb_patch.txt' on how to configure on boot up, this has not worked at all:

io-usb -d uhci pindex=2 -d uhci pindex=3
        sleep 3
        devu-mouse
        devu-kbd
        sleep 5

Instead of using io-usb I have used io-usb-ehci without parameters.

I hope it gives you something that you can work with.

Regards,
Pete

Sent: 07 August 2014 07:41

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the delay with my answer. Unfortunately, I don't see any glue how to resolve your issue without hardware.

Respectfully,
Oleg

06 авг. 2014 г., в 16:24:24, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> Do you have any ideas?
> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent: 05 August 2014 11:35
> 
> Hi Pete,
> 
> Did you try to launch USB? I don't see io-usb manager in your logs. When you boot from QNX 4 Install CD you have to 
stack in QNX 4.
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 05 авг. 2014 г., в 14:28:44, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
> 
>> Hi Oleg, 
>> 
>> I believe it is USB, using device manager from a universal boot disk I managed to track it down to ...
>> 
>> VID 214A PID 0002
>> 
>> I hope this helps.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Pete
>> 
>> Sent: 04 August 2014 11:59
>> 
>> Hi Pete,
>> 
>> What type of mouse is used in a Siemense Simatic IPC 677C? Is it USB or PS/2?
>> 
>> Respectfully,
>> Oleg
>> 
>> 01 авг. 2014 г., в 17:32:36, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
>> 
>>> Hi, 
>>> 
>>> The PC we are using is a Siemens Simatic IPC 677C with the latest version of QNX 4.25 installed.
>>> 
>>> This IPC comes with an integrated keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works fine but the mouse does not.
>>> 
>>> I have attached some diagnostics from the PC that hopefully will help.
>>> 
>>> I noticed that the mouse was not working during the QNX installation phase. To verify that the  mouse hardware is 
>>>...
View Full Message
Attachment: Compressed file usb.tar 18 KB Text readme_usb_patch.txt 3.69 KB
Hi Pete,

Sorry for the delay with my answer and thank you for your input. We've explored your diagnostic information and I guess 
a problem in USB stack. Your USB hardware configuration includes USB EHCI hubs, so all input devices are connected via 
the hub. According to your logs internal keyboard and mouse do not detected without external devices. Unfortunately, we 
cannot reproduce this issue on available hardware. So that we cannot reproduce the issue and fix it without your HW.

You can try to start io-usb-ehci as follows:

io-usb-ehci -d ehci pindex=0

This command should detect only internal input USB devices. See output of usb util to find that keyboard and mouse are 
both detected.

> I hope it gives you something that you can work with.

Sorry, but as I wrote before we cannot help you without the hardware.

Respectfully,
Oleg

11 авг. 2014 г., в 16:41:09, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello Oleg,
> 
> I have a some more information on this problem, I have followed instructions in a document entitled 'readme_usb_patch.
txt' dated November 2012, see attached.
> 
> I've also attached a usb.tar file containing diagnostic information obtained from commands such as 'usb'.
> 
> I've downloaded the latest USB stack.
> 
> The script StartUpUSB is how I have been starting the mouse and keyboard drivers.
> 
> To recap on my PC and setup ... I have an Integrated USB keyboard and mouse and then on top that I am attempting to 
connect an external USB keyboard and mouse.
> 
> Looking at usb_WithExtraKbdAndMouse.txt the integrated mouse I believe is the 214A Interlink Electronic FSR 4ZUSB.
> 
> I could not get io-usb to talk to the mouse and keyboard but io-usb-ehci does, in fact, using StartUpUSB both 
keyboards and both mice can work BUT it is quite erratic, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Looking at /dev 
with all four connected usbkbd1 is shown sometimes.
> 
> I've followed suggestions in 'readme_usb_patch.txt' on how to configure on boot up, this has not worked at all:
> 
>        io-usb -d uhci pindex=2 -d uhci pindex=3
>        sleep 3
>        devu-mouse
>        devu-kbd
>        sleep 5
> 
> Instead of using io-usb I have used io-usb-ehci without parameters.
> 
> I hope it gives you something that you can work with.
> 
> Regards,
> Pete
> 
> Sent: 07 August 2014 07:41
> 
> Hi Pete,
> 
> Sorry for the delay with my answer. Unfortunately, I don't see any glue how to resolve your issue without hardware.
> 
> Respectfully,
> Oleg
> 
> 06 авг. 2014 г., в 16:24:24, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
> 
>> Hi Oleg,
>> 
>> Do you have any ideas?
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Pete
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Sent: 05 August 2014 11:35
>> 
>> Hi Pete,
>> 
>> Did you try to launch USB? I don't see io-usb manager in your logs. When you boot from QNX 4 Install CD you have to 
stack in QNX 4.
>> 
>> Respectfully,
>> Oleg
>> 
>> 05 авг. 2014 г., в 14:28:44, Pete Mackereth <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:
>> 
>>> Hi Oleg, 
>>> 
>>> I believe it is USB, using device manager from a universal boot disk I managed to track it down to...
View Full Message