Forum Topic - Pg.i830: (5 Items)

Pg.i830  
Hi, we have pcs with Intel video chipset that need run Photon v1.14.:

Vendor ID= 8086h, INTEL CORPORATION
Device ID=2992h,
PCI index= 0h
Class Code= 030000h Display (VGA) ProgIF=0
Revision ID= 2h
Bus number= 0                                                                                                           
                                 Device number= 2                                                                       
                                                                     Function num= 0                                    
                                                                                                        Status Reg= 90h 

Command Reg= 7h                                                                                        
                                                   Header type= 0h Single-function
BIST= 0h 
Build-in-self-test not supported
Latency Timer= 0h
Cache Line Size= 0h                                                                                                     
                                      Base Address= MEM@fd700000h,32bit length 1048576 MEM@d0000000h,Prefetchable,64bit 
length 268435456 IO@fc00h length 8 bytes
Subsystem Vendor ID = 8086h
Subsystem ID= 2992h                                                                                                     
                              Max Lat= 0ns
Min Gnt= 0ns                                                                                                            

PCI Int Pin= 1, INT A
Interrupt line 	= 10                                                                                                    

Capabilities Pointer =90h                                                                                               

Capability ID= 5h                                                                                                       

Capabilities= 0h - 0h                                                                                                   
                             Capability ID= 1h                                                                          

Capabilities = 22h - 0h

When we use the driver Pg.i830 in crt.node a black screen appears and we have to reboot the PC. It concluded that it is 
because the driver does not initialize the video board. But running in advance:

/qnx4/graphics/drivers/Hydra.ms -S -i0x4118 -s0x0000,0x0010 -r &
/qnx4/graphics/drivers/Pg.flatdc32 -HC0x00000010 -PX -HNqnx/crt -g1024x768x32 -A0xD0000000,0x770000 -WB4096
sleep 5
ph  

works perfectly (remember that Pg.i830 is in the crt.node).

Will I be able to tell if our assessment is correct and if possible correct the problem?

Thank you very much.

Sebastián Cerella
Re: Pg.i830  
Hi Sebastián,

You used  crttrap clear; crttrap trap commands to generate the crt.$NODE
file?

Please note that only the first string from the
/etc/config/trap/crt.$NODE file is used when you start the Photon.
All other strings are for the phgraphx utility

So if you want to use Pg.flatdc32 driver, put the line with this driver
to the top of the crt.$NOTEfile.

As for the Pg.i830 driver, try different resolutions and color depth to
find configuration that will work.

Regards,
Pavel

> Hi, we have pcs with Intel video chipset that need run Photon v1.14.:
>
> Vendor ID= 8086h, INTEL CORPORATION
> Device ID=2992h,
> PCI index= 0h
> Class Code= 030000h Display (VGA) ProgIF=0
> Revision ID= 2h
> Bus number= 0                                                                                                         
                                   Device number= 2                                                                     
                                                                       Function num= 0                                  
                                                                                                          Status Reg= 
90h                                                                                                                     
                     Command Reg= 7h                                                                                    
                                                       Header type= 0h Single-function
> BIST= 0h 
> Build-in-self-test not supported
> Latency Timer= 0h
> Cache Line Size= 0h                                                                                                   
                                        Base Address= MEM@fd700000h,32bit length 1048576 MEM@d0000000h,Prefetchable,
64bit length 268435456 IO@fc00h length 8 bytes
> Subsystem Vendor ID = 8086h
> Subsystem ID= 2992h                                                                                                   
                                Max Lat= 0ns
> Min Gnt= 0ns                                                                                                          

> PCI Int Pin= 1, INT A
> Interrupt line 	= 10                                                                                                  

> Capabilities Pointer =90h                                                                                             

> Capability ID= 5h                                                                                                     

> Capabilities= 0h - 0h                                                                                                 
                               Capability ID= 1h                                                                        

> Capabilities = 22h - 0h
>
> When we use the driver Pg.i830 in crt.node a black screen appears and we have to reboot the PC. It concluded that it 
is because the driver does not initialize the video board. But running in advance:
>
> /qnx4/graphics/drivers/Hydra.ms -S -i0x4118 -s0x0000,0x0010 -r &
> /qnx4/graphics/drivers/Pg.flatdc32 -HC0x00000010 -PX 
-HNqnx/crt -g1024x768x32 -A0xD0000000,0x770000 -WB4096
> sleep 5
> ph  
>
> works perfectly (remember that Pg.i830 is in the crt.node).
>
> Will I be able to tell if our assessment is correct and if possible correct the problem?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
>
> Sebastián Cerella
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post94559
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion,...
Pavel, thanks for your answer. We tried with different resolutions with the Pg.i830 without satisfactory results. So, we
 implemented this to make the video board work with the correct driver initializing, previously, with the flat32. We 
don't want to use flat32 because the refresh screen is slow. We want to use Pg.i830.
Have you tried the latest version of the Pg.i830 driver from the
LatestSoftwareUpdates page?

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.qnx4/wiki/LatestSoftwareUpdates

Regards,
Pavel

> Pavel, thanks for your answer. We tried with different resolutions with the Pg.i830 without satisfactory results. So, 
we implemented this to make the video board work with the correct driver initializing, previously, with the flat32. We 
don't want to use flat32 because the refresh screen is slow. We want to use Pg.i830.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post94562
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-qnx4-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

Pavel, we have tried with the latest version of the Pg.i830 driver.

Regards,
Sebastián.