Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Pg.i830 black screen: (3 Items)

Pg.i830 black screen  
Hello,

I have just tested the new version of Pg.i830 (August 06th) on a IEI ECW-281 (Atom N270 + i945GSE). In this 
configuration the driver still does not work.

'crttrap' hangs after it has printed the line "/qnx4/graphics/trappers/Pg.i830 -d0x8086,0x27ae -T". Nevertheless a new 
trap file 'crt.1' was written. When I start Photon it results in a black screen.

Attached you will find a file with the output of 'show_pci' for ECW-281.

Best regards
Hans-Peter
Attachment: Text ECW_281_show_pci.txt 29.89 KB
Re: Pg.i830 black screen  
> Hello,
> 
> I have just tested the new version of Pg.i830 (August 06th) on a IEI ECW-281 (
> Atom N270 + i945GSE). In this configuration the driver still does not work.
> 
> 'crttrap' hangs after it has printed the line "/qnx4/graphics/trappers/Pg.i830
>  -d0x8086,0x27ae -T". Nevertheless a new trap file 'crt.1' was written. When I
>  start Photon it results in a black screen.
> 
> Attached you will find a file with the output of 'show_pci' for ECW-281.
> 
> Best regards
> Hans-Peter

Hello Hans-Peter

We had the exact same problem, also with iEi hardware (WAFER-945GSE3).

What we did to solve the problem was to change The northbridge chipset settings where the boot display device was set to
 Auto. After changing it to CRT, all the problems were solved.

Another thing we did was to modify the crt.1 file so that the first line of the entries was the same as the safe.1 file 
(safe mode graphics).  This will get you into photon.  You can also skip this step and modify the crt.1 file so that the
 Pg.i830 driver initialisation is the first line in the crt.1 file. 

Kind regards,
Theuns
Re: Pg.i830 black screen  
Hello Theuns,
thanks for the information.

In the BIOS I changed the start screen to CRT. I also changed the photon start in such a way that a realmode VESA driver
 (Pg.svgadc) is started in the first step. After the start of photon this driver is terminated and the Pg.i830 driver is
 started. Then it works correctly.

It seems to me that we have an initialisation problem in the current Pg.i830 driver.