Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - multimonitor configuration: (2 Items)

multimonitor configuration  
Hi,

I'am having a large problem trying to configure QNX 6.5 or 6.4.1 with 2-3 video cards. Photon starts, but after some 
time, when user moves windows (pterm for example) between screens computer hangs (sometime 3rd monitor crashes). Cards 
are Ati Radeon 9250(PCI) but I tried also Radeon 7000 (PCI). Resolution has to be at least 1680x1050@60Hz
Re: multimonitor configuration  
This is a very difficult topic. The major reason is the H/W. When we tested the multi-display mode we identified that 
two Radeon cards would not usually work together. The symptoms are just like you described -- driver's crashing, system 
lock-ups. But we came across some Radeon configurations that would work. I do not have the model numbers, but I think 
those were an AGP and a PCI radeon.

In general it is very difficult to find a working combination. We have came across of a few. For example a Radeon and a 
Carmine (which doesn't have a VGA BIOS) will work together pretty well -- but again, not always. For example some x86 
systems would not even boot when the cards are plugged-in.

You may have a better luck if you get a specialized graphics adapters (of the same kind I assume) that can work 
alongside in one system. Most likely you will need a custom driver too.