Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Curious problem with Photon under QNX 6.4 and QNX 6.4.1: (8 Items)

Curious problem with Photon under QNX 6.4 and QNX 6.4.1  
Hello,

in the attachment is a video (sorry for the bad quality) which shows a wired behavior of Photon.
This problems doesn't exist with QNX 6.3.2 ... What could be the reason of that problem?
See also the SDL thread in the forum of Photon.

Regards

--Armin

PS:  SDL is a Photon application ...
Attachment: Text graywin.asf 2.28 MB
Post Deleted
Re: Curious problem with Photon under QNX 6.4 and QNX 6.4.1  
Do you mean all the rectangles being displayed in the one application when you move the cursor over it?  Can you post 
the relevant programs, and the procedure to reproduce?

I am not laying the blame on SDL, but could the 64x port be contributing to this issue?  Maybe Mike Gorchak can comment.
> Do you mean all the rectangles being displayed in the one application when you
>  move the cursor over it?  Can you post the relevant programs, and the 
> procedure to reproduce?

I mean that window which draws rectangles by a click of the mouse. This window  is loosing these rectangles after every 
refresh. This happens with SDL 1.2.9.

> 
> I am not laying the blame on SDL, but could the 64x port be contributing to 
> this issue?  Maybe Mike Gorchak can comment.

Sorry ... I'm talking about SDL1.2.x  not 1.3.  I have installed the binaries of SDL 1.3 for QNX 6.4.x but all test 
applications are not working. I saw only black windows. I believe the reason of that behavior has been corrected at 
least in SDL 1.2.x.

Regards

--Armin

> Do you mean all the rectangles being displayed in the one application when you
>  move the cursor over it?  Can you post the relevant programs, and the 
> procedure to reproduce?

The problem happens with the SDL version 1.2.9.  I could make an archive of that port (huge).

Strange things happen: I have recompiled and installed the version 1.2.13 ... and the problem with the graywin app 
doesn't happen. But I still saw a corrupted contents in an other  application window after starting an other test 
application.

However  ... I will move to SDL 2.1.13 and will continue the communication in the "Photon MikroGUI" forum.

Thanks so far.

--Armin

Armin, between 1.2.9 and 1.2.13 were 2 years of development and improvement. You have to say before that you are using 
SDL 1.2.9, while I tested all stuff with development (generally bugfixing branch) SDL 1.2.14 and SDL 1.2.13 stable.

As for SDL 1.3, only 2D OpenGL ES rendering stuff works right now, I need to finish my complete GLU ES port before I 
will continue SDL 1.3 development.
> Armin, between 1.2.9 and 1.2.13 were 2 years of development and improvement. 
> You have to say before that you are using SDL 1.2.9, while I tested all stuff 
> with development (generally bugfixing branch) SDL 1.2.14 and SDL 1.2.13 stable

After looking again into th sources of "graywin" I have to clearify something.

The graywin application draws its background at application start, at a resize event and at a exposure event  ... that 
means that "loosing of the rectangles" is a designed behavior iin the context of the expected events!

SDL 1.2.9 creates the resize and exposure events under QNX 6.4.1 ... but not SDL 1.2.13 !
The exposure event is also missing under QNX 6.2.3 and with SDL 1.2.9 and SDL 1.2.13 ! 

That means only SDL 1.2.9 is  fully working under QNX 6.4.x after the modification of the handling of the window 
background !!

SDL 1.2.13 has problems with the event handling (the exposure event is missing) and there are strange effects with the 
blitting. At start of graywin you can see sometimes a corrupted window contents. I saw also that the testpalette app was
 failing to create a correct window contents.

At the end I have go back to SDL 1.2.9 ... sorry about that :)

So I don't belief that your implementation of the blit handling is in general a great mess ... its is working perfectly 
with SDL 1.2.9.

Best Regards

--Armin

> As for SDL 1.3, only 2D OpenGL ES rendering stuff works right now, I need to 
> finish my complete GLU ES port before I will continue SDL 1.3 development.

Derek, have you checked improved graphics drivers ? Could l post them here on foundry27 forums to let people to test 
them on different hardware ?

According to reports at http://qnx.org.ru/forum (more than 20), all works stable on different hardware combinations.