Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Distributed file system in QNX: (4 Items)

Distributed file system in QNX  
This is to check availability of filesystem in QNX that can be accessed from multiple nodes in a distributed environment
 and store data to a  primary storage device that is connected to anyone of the nodes.
Additional requirement is to store data to a backup storage device that is connected to another node ( than primary 
storage) that can synchronise and replicate data from primary storage simultaneously.
Do we have support of this use case in any of the QNX supported filesystems? Thanks for your response.
Re: Distributed file system in QNX  
You should specify for which qnx version.

nfs is probably the closest to what you seem to want.

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/7.1/#com.qnx.doc.neutrino.user_guide/topic/fsystems_NFS.html

Though it likely depends on your security requirements are. nfs isn't what I would call secure.
Thanks. 

QNX ver is 7.1

NFS is the closest one, however, does it offer a back-up mechanism - means primary storage data is synchronized with 
another secondary backup in real time?
No it's not a cluster FS,  I'm not aware of us having a cluster fs available on QNX(someone else may know better).

So as I said I think nfs is the closest we have to your described use case, that is readily available.