Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - USB mass storage device and FS mount file matching: (4 Items)

USB mass storage device and FS mount file matching  
Hello,

I´m looking for a way how to find  coherence between USB mass storage device and mounted file in the file system.
I´m programming an application which will show the tabe of conected umass devices to the user with all posibble 
description and with its mounted files in filesystem. 

Does exists some functions (or system commands) which I can use for direct maching?

I have find only one possible solution up to now - to majke a list running devb-umass processes, here I obtain a device 
vendor and by the order of processes in the list to enumerate the order number in mount file name. This probably will 
work by I prefere to find some more elegant way.

Thank you for help in advance

meg
Re: USB mass storage device and FS mount file matching  
Which version of QNX SDP are you using?

SDP 6.6 includes usblauncher that may help you; the documentation is here:

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/660/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.qnx.doc.dev_pub.ref_guide%2Ftopic%2Fusblauncher.html

It launches drivers such as devb-umass, mounts filesystems, and links them together with PPS objects.
Dear Andrew,

thank you for your answer,

I use 6.5 SDP so usblauncher isn´t possible to use. 

Do you have any other idea how to match devb-umass devices and  mounts filesystems in 6.5 SDP?

Thanx

meg
I'm not sure if this is the right answer or not.  I stumbled across this while trying to get USB devices to NOT 
automount.  Look at /etc/mcd.mnt.  This looks like the table that mcd uses to determine where to mount USB devices.

Raymond Balister