Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - 6.6 Release note: (9 Items)

6.6 Release note  
The Release notes aren`t taking about thew new TRIM support ( according to the output of sloginfo). That a very nice new
 feature worth talking about AFAIC
Re: 6.6 Release note  
Good suggestion--I'll see what I can cook up. Thanks, Mario.
RE: 6.6 Release note  
Not filesystem issue but:

asynchronous messaging (i.e., the asyncmsg_*() functions) are deprecated but futher down the document they are specified
 as experimental

========
Ld

Between the 2.10.1 version of the GNU linker in QNX Momentics 6.2.1 and the 2.12.1 version in QNX Momentics 6.3.0, a bug
 was fixed in the handling of relocation addends for SH targets. As a result of this fix, SH startup binaries (e.g. 
startup-systemh) that were created prior to QNX Momentics 6.3.0 won't work correctly if included in a boot image 
generated in QNX Momentics 6.3 or later.
Workaround: Rebuild the startup binary using the QNX Momentics Tool Suite 6.6. The resulting startup will work with 6.2.
1 or later.

==== >>>  Can`t build SH targets on 6.6 !

Most link in the hyperlink in the release note point to : http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/index.html#new_os but 
that pages is all the old technical articles.

Cheers,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Steve Reid [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Envoyé : Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:39 PM
À : general-filesystems
Objet : Re: 6.6 Release note

Good suggestion--I'll see what I can cook up. Thanks, Mario.

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post109238
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-filesystems-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Re: RE: 6.6 Release note  
Async messaging is gone; async message queues (i.e., those managed by mq) are experimental.

I must have missed that reference to SH. I'll remove it.
Hi Steve,

I noticed that the documentation for enum-devices has disappeared from the utilities reference, but I don't recall 
seeing any mention of it being deprecated or otherwise removed in the release notes.   The binaries are still present in
 the VM runtime ISO, however.  Is this something else that got accidentally overlooked?

-Will
Enum-devices was deprecated because we no longer support self-hosted development systems. I guess the rationale was that
 if you're building a Neutrino target, you're going to set up the image to use the hardware you've chosen, instead of 
relying on device enumeration.
I figured as much - it's somewhat disappointing to us, as we used it to support a wide variety of boards and 
configurations here with our data acquisition software stack, but we'll figure out some way to roll it ourselves.   I 
just wanted to point out that, like the TRIM support, the fact enum-devices was deprecated wasn't mentioned in the 
release notes.   It mentions that enum-usb has been replaced by usblauncher, but there isn't any mention of the rest of 
the enum-* stack.
I now know what's wrong with the links, and I'm trying to figure out how to fix them.
Re: 6.6 Release note  
Agreed!  This is important.