Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX7 Installation failure: (7 Items)

QNX7 Installation failure  
I am trying to install QNX 7 from SW Center, but I am always getting an error. It fails to download the artifacts needed
 for the installation. Here is a snippet of the error:

2018-03-22 15:42:05 FINE org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager - Connection released: [id: 
12][route: {}->http://support7.qnx.com:80][total kept alive: 3; route allocated: 1 of 5; total allocated: 3 of 10]
2018-03-22 15:42:05 FINE com.qnx.swupdate.app.HttpRequestLogger - <!!! 403 www.qnx.com /swcenter/api/1/packages/com.qnx.
sdp.target.utils.valgrind/7.0.0.SGA201702151847/download (1881 ms)
2018-03-22 15:42:05 FINE com.qnx.swupdate.core.ecf.http4.HttpClient4RetrieveFileTransfer - performConnect retrieve resp=
2018-03-22 15:42:05 SEVERE com.qnx.swupdate.app - Installing Software is done: An error occurred while collecting items 
to be installed
2018-03-22 15:42:05 INFO com.qnx.swupdate.core.p2.CoreP2Activator - setting active profile to null
2018-03-22 15:42:05 SEVERE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine - An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
2018-03-22 15:42:05 SEVERE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine - SUBENTRY 1 session context was:(profile=com.qnx.sdp_1, phase=
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
2018-03-22 15:42:05 SEVERE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine - SUBENTRY 1 Artifact not found: https://www.qnx.com/swcenter/
api/1/packages/com.qnx.sdp/7.0.0.SGA201702151847/download.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://www.qnx.com/swcenter/api/1/packages/com.qnx.sdp/7.0.0.SGA201702151847/download
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryStatusHelper.checkFileNotFound(RepositoryStatusHelper.java:
297)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.checkException(FileReader.java:480)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:437)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:101)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.
downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:669)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.
downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:591)
getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:723)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:319)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:288)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:153)
getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:707)
getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:778)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch(DownloadManager.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start(DownloadManager.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect.completePhase(Collect.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.postPerform(Phase.java:251)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:101)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
	at...
View Full Message
Re: QNX7 Installation failure  
It could be that your proxy/firewall is blocking outbound traffic to our file server (or proxy not configured correctly)
To check go to your browser
- logic to myqnx.com with myqnx credentions
- in the same browser navigate to https://www.qnx.com/swcenter/api/1/packages/com.qnx.sdp.host.win.x86_64/7.0.0.
SGA201702151847/download
In normal case browser will prompt to download file, you can cancel that since you cannot use that, it was just for test
. In case of proxy issues you see
some sort of error. If browser works proxy may not configured correctly in software center itself.

If you cannot resolve the issue please contact your qnx customer support for assistance
I get a 403 error when I access the link through the browser. Which means access is forbidden to it.
Hi Jason,

From what I can tell, someone in your company has provided you with the Software Center client installer (you didn't 
download it yourself). Please ensure that a license has also been assigned to you by them - it doesn't appear that you 
have one assigned to you. Have a look through the Software Center installation guide. If you are still stuck, then 
please get in touch with your QNX support contact where they can better help you.

Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,

I have a license that expires until March 2019. Will it matter if someone else downloaded QNX Software Center for me? 
The way I see it, the problem is that QNX server is blocking my access to the files.

I have attached a screenshot of my license. 
Attachment: Image QNX_license.png 18.92 KB
A quick note for anyone watching this thread - as it turns out there was a proxy filter issue, which Jason was able to 
troubleshoot on his side.
How was the issue resolved?